Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Thing 13 - Reflection week (AKA a mad catch-up!)

Writers block today. The sentences don't seem to be flowing like they usually do. I think it's the word 'Reflection'. I usually prefer to look ahead rather than look back but I'll see what I can do.

The course so far has suited my learning style. I like that it encourages exploration as well as following instructions. You can also dip in and out of it as and when without getting totally lost which is useful when there are lots of readers.

The biggest surprise of Cam23 so far is that I am actually using some of the 'Things' that I never thought I would. The best example - Twitter. Having slated it when I first started using it I now have the app on my phone and I usually use it to follow rather than to tweet (unless something absolutely needs saying!) If you're an avid film geek like me I would suggest reading this which is a pretty comprehensive guide to who twitters in Tinseltown.

Even if I haven't liked a 'Thing' it's still good practise to have a go and explore the features because even if it's not useful to me it could be useful to pass on to someone else. And of course if it comes up in conversation you no longer have to pretend you know what everyone is talking about (AKA smile and nod).

So I think that's enough of the past - onwards and upwards!

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on my reflection blog & am also finding it hard to look back. I agree - it's reassuring to know what people are talking about now!

    ReplyDelete