Wednesday, 11 August 2010

22 - Wikis

So my last entry turned into a bit of a rant - sorry about that. We're now onto the penultimate thing - eeek!

Other than Wikipedia I have never used wikis. I really like Wikipedia even though it's often inaccurate and people have used it to implicate others in espionage. I think that might be half the attraction!! Anyway, I use information from Wikipedia with a large pinch of salt, always check the 'facts' I get from it and usually find an alternative reference for assignments. I've never felt the need to contribute.

To me wikis seem a bit like Google docs where you can store a document in one place and lots of people can share and alter it. I thought the Plain English video was very good at explaing them.

I can think of at least one use for Wikis in my department. It's not my call but I will suggest it (although I suspect when I do this I'll be put in charge of it....)

No comments:

Post a Comment