The last few Things I've looked at haven't left me too impressed so I'm pleased to be able to write about something which I'm familiar with for a change.
Google docs allows you to create and share documents or access them online from any PC. I have used Google Docs before as we often use them at work for organising rotas. I had never created a document myself though so I was a bit disappointed to discover that instead of loading an office document to Google Docs you have to create your document using their programs. They don't look so different to Office but when I attempted to write a few lines in their word processing program I found it added spaces where I hadn't entered spaces and at one point my cursor some how ended up in the middle of a capital A and I could get it to move no matter what I tried. I'm not sure if this is a regular occurance but it was mighty annoying and has put me off using it a bit.
Being able to access your document online is a good feature, however, if the Google programs are a pain to use I will probably just continue to email my Office documents to myself so I can access them at home. The ability to share documents is great for documents with several contributors - it works very well with our rotas - and this is probably the best feature of Google Docs.
Wednesday, 4 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment