So this morning I blogged about my previous experience of Twitter and why I thought it was a bit rubbish. Having reconnected this morning and actually having people following me (and following other people in return) have my opinions changed?
Well maybe....
Not long after tweeting using #Cam23 I had a new follower add themselves to my flock of 3 (one of those being a family friend, the others being a company touting for business and finally a woman in her undies touting for business.....) This promted me to tweet
"My first new follower in 10 months! I feel like Ashton Kutcher!"
and not long later KTLib tweets:
"@AlexF1sh3r Is that a good thing?! I've added you to a list of Cam23 people so expect more followers as the week goes on. "
And so began a day of endless questions in my head....would I like to be Ashton Kutcher? He is married to Demi Moore after all....but what has she done recently? The last film I remember her in was Charlies Angels 2 and that was poor....but she did appear in a bikini getting into a ferarri...but who the hell is Ashton Kutcher anyway????? After a brief glimpse on IMDB it became clear that no, it is definitely not a good thing.....and how on Earth did he become such a big hit on Twitter anyway? I guess he's just interesting.
Anyway, as Katie suggested I have had more people follow me throughout the day which pleases me greatly:-D
But I still didn't have anything interesting to tweet about! I tried a brief conflab with Ange and Uppy about placing anti-theft stickers on bookrests (#bookrestwatch), however I had now gone dry.
In my hour of need I took a look at Josh's blog http://my23librarythingsblog.wordpress.com/ and he's written about following NASA on Twitter. It suddenly dawned on me that Twitter doesn't have to be all about me, me, me (I know, how shocking!) So I figure if I can't tweet interesting things maybe I can just read interesting tweets and still get something out of it.
So NASA's tweets now appear on my homepage when I log in so I can see what in the Universe they're up to. I'm also following Pixar, Kevin Smith, Empire magazine, MLB.com and Chris Colfer. There's got to be something interesting going on there.....let's hope so anyway! Watch this space!
Monday, 14 June 2010
Could my first impressions have been wrong....?
Labels:
140 letters,
Ashton,
Demi,
Josh,
Thing 7,
Twitter,
waste of time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know... Feeling like Ashton Kutcher is probably a good thing. I (and I know that I'm almost unique amongst people of my gender and age) watch every film he's in. Some have been stinkers, but the half dozen (or so) where he was a gormless new husband (or fiancee) to a pretty/wealthy/successful woman were pretty good.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes-- As a source of quick information (delivered as RSS feeds) I think Twitter is doing quite well-- and some organisations have really 'got it'.
Josh