ONCE UPON A TIME in a West Room far far away (from the tea room)a strange enchanted email landed in the inbox of a plucky young library assistant. The library assistant clicked on the enclosed link and was transported to the mystical world of Doodle.
"What is this magic?" yelled the library assistant. "Shhhhhhhh" replied the readers.
The library assistant read the ancient runes of Doodle and discovered that she must answer one question to fulfil her destiny. "What time can you attend the meeting on Friday?" said Doodle. "2pm" replied the library assistant. And so ended the plucky library assitant's first adventure in Doodle.
So, yes I have used Doodle before. I have never actually set up a poll myself but I have responded to several. It's an easy way of finding out what date/time everyone is available for a meeting/skinny latte/trip to the beach without having to check countless diaries or wade through your inbox to find everyone's responses. You can just log on and see everyone's responses on one page and it even counts how many options have positive responses. It does have it's pros and cons. If you're trying to organise a meeting of a large number of people I'm all for it. However for smaller numbers it feels a little impersonal and emailing/phoning and collating the responses of a small number of people really isn't that hard. For large groups I think it's brilliant.
Setting up my Doodle poll was as easy as falling off a log. All you do is give it a title and a description (if you want to), select the dates/times you want as your options and you're done. I copied and pasted the link to an email, typed my own blurb and emailed it (to myself....a bit sad but I didn't want a load of people thinking I actually wanted to have coffee with them:-P) Doodle poll - Done!!
Oh, and you don't have to faff about and register which is also good:-)

No comments:
Post a Comment