Thursday, 10 June 2010

Google calendar


Google calendar


I've been on leave most of this week and have only come in this afternoon so that I can still do my late duty. I get in at 2pm, sit down at my desk, switch on my PC and glance down at my desk diary. Anything I should be doing today? Baking cookies apparently. What was I doing this time last week? Going mad according to my diary....


For 5 years now I have been plagued by a certain colleague taking every available opportunity to scribble anything and everything on my diary whilst my back is turned. Why do I stand for it? Well I guess it's pretty funny (and I have a feeling I started it.......)


So that is why I'm so thrilled that your google calendar can be shared! Amazing stuff that will allow the high jinx to continue into the electronic age. The only downside is I would miss the silly drawings...
















Exhibit A - apparently I have the week off to bake cakes.......









Exhibit B -


just call me evil spongebob....






So I had a play around with google calendar. It's pretty easy to add events. Just click on the date and time you need and begin typing. You can set alarms and make things regular events. I used my tea break as an example and received an email reminding me it was tea time. In all honesty I didn't need reminding as the rocky road muffin I had in my bag had been calling to me all afternoon, but it was a good example of the possibilities. I have heard on the grapevine that you can use google calendar on your iphone so I will be looking into this shortly.




Adding the calendar to my igoogle page was easy. I just typed 'google calendar' into the search box and voila! I still don't really like igoogle and I find that whenever I do grit my teeth and try to use it it goes really slow. Some of the fetchers just asked me to find out where Kurt Cobain was born and it stopped completely. It was Aberdeen, WA if you're interested but I had to go to the main google page to search it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! I thought that baking schedule was real! I was really looking forward to your millionaire shortbreads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, looking at your calendar brings back memories :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should see what happened when I was off on Friday. Someone (beginning with 'K' and ending in 'irsty')has been drawing a moustached man on each page of my diary. Last week was Tom Selleck. This week it's John Cleese. Next week Suddam Hussein.....

    ReplyDelete