Monday, 14 June 2010

Twitter and why I abandoned it 10 months ago.....

So thing 7 is to set up a Twitter account and start tweeting about Cam23. I signed up to Twitter about 10 months ago and I abandoned it about 10 months ago. It seemed like a good idea at the time. It's basically a page full of Facebook updates only you're limited to 140 letters.

The only issues I have are that none of my friends use it, Facebook is a lot more fun and I actually have very little of interest to say. Unless your name is Demi or Ashton, Twitter is pretty rubbish. Having said that I'm now following the UL on Twitter and among the many tweets reminding readers we were open till 10pm during Easter term there are some useful tweets with links to articles about the UL. I can see the benefits of an institution like the UL tweeting. Basically Twitter is only good if you have something interesting to say.

Tweeting is pretty easy. You have 140 letter limit and you just click in the provided space and type away. It counts down the number of letters you have left available and if you want to tweet at someone you type @persons username somewhere in your tweet and it will appear on their homepage. The hardest thing is finding something interesting to write......

1 comment:

  1. Ah Birdbrain, I totally agree with you on this one, so am worried that you have been bundled off into a darkened room and been 'reasoned with' so that you are now coming round to Twitter. Your blogs are fun, love the colours and especially the phote of the desk. Thought it was Miss Crail herself for a moment! Now how can you entertain us that much on Twitter?

    ReplyDelete