Wow! On to things 9&10 already. The subject of both is Flickr - am I the only one thinking these could have been rolled into one;-)
Anyway, it would seem the point of looking at Flickr is to show us the millions and millions of photos that we can use for free in our library's user education programs. I sincerely hope that the outcome will be an awful lot more professional and ..well I'll just say it - welcoming, than the example shown above. I do wonder, judging by the very high standard of colouring in, whether these librarians actually know how to use a computer let alone follow through with their offer of help (two offers of help in fact...wow!)
I logged onto flickr for the first time today. I have friends who use it quite a lot but then they have a keen interest in photography and are very good at it. I on the other hand take a million and one holiday snaps, put about 20 on facebook and that's that. The rest are on my pc at home (and hopefully backed up by The Mrs)and will be looked at once in a blue moon. I actually thought that Flickr was just a phot based social networking thing so I've already learned something straight off the bat! I can already see the endless possibilities of searching for and using photos on flickr - even if it's just to update my desktop wallpaper!
Searching for photos is easy and not having to sign up is certainly a bonus. Trying to position photos below this text has proven to be a nightmare so I'm going to finish this post and start another one.

No comments:
Post a Comment