I found both of these images on Flickr when I searched for 'Baltimore Orioles'. They are both creative commons licensed so they can be used freely with author attribution. I guess this is where tagging really comes into it's own because if the bottom photo had been tagged 'Adam Jones' instead of 'Baltimore Orioles' it wouldn't have come up. I think it's a great action shot so I'm pleased it did:-)
I actually think that Flickr is my favourite 'thing' so far. I don't think I'd ever put my own photos on there - they're definitely not good enough and I wouldn't want to hand them over for just anybody to use. But I will happily use other people's photos if they're happy for me to do so.
I can see endless potential for libraries too. With so many images on Flickr there really must be something for everyone and of course if it's creative commons licensed it's completely legal too.


No comments:
Post a Comment