Monday, 21 June 2010

Tag - you're it!

My only previous experience of tagging is tagging photos on Facebook. It goes a little something like this:


Step 1. Alex Tags photo of The Mrs

Step 2. The Mrs untags herself because she doesn't like the photo

Step 3. Alex removes photo from Facebook altogether or doesn't get any dinner....


So these days I don't really bother with tagging (except maybe myself if I can be bothered). The good thing about tagging photos and having people tag photos of you is that they all appear in one place so you can look through them without having to go to all your friends profiles and looking through endless photo albums. The trouble with Facebook is that people can take really awful pictures of you, put them on Facebook and then tag you so that they appear on your profile and it looks like you like the photo even though you look hideous. Actually that's not a Facebook issue - it's a friend issue.....


I've only blogged once before and I didn't use tags at all. It's not a particularly long blog so at the time I didn't really see the point. Now, however I can see that if I wanted to skip ahead to my post about watching baseball in Seattle (but couldn't remember when I had actually blogged about it) tagging it 'Seattle, baseball, Mariners, Ichiro' might have been really useful.


So my tagging for this blog has been a little.... erratic - kind of like my blogging. Because I tend to go off on one about something completely irrelevant I find the need to tag not only the main points of my blog but also the assides and general waffle. Hence the tags 'Demi, Ashton, Facebook love, Glee finale, Sue Sylvester'. Mostly I've stuck to tagging with the 'Thing number' and general subject. If I didn't like the subject I've tagged it with 'waste of time' - I'm looking at you igoogle...

No comments:

Post a Comment