Tuesday, 1 June 2010


Ooh what a pretty looking page!!

So igoogle was new to me. I've had a bit of a play around and I must admit I don't think it's something I will use. I can see the attraction - all your useful bits and bobs in one place, however, I have trouble finding the circulation icon on my desktop every morning!! There's just too much going on for my brain to be able to find anything quickly and as much as I love Where's Wally I just find it easier to navigate the web using favourites. I know you can use tabs to organise things but that didn't really help me much. That's not the only issue I had with it. OK, you have your copac search facility and a very useful calculator but you also have a lot of tools to aid procrastination (as demonstrated by that rather cheeky looking monkey). I'm not sure I'd ever get anything useful done if I were to use this! Being able to keep up to date with various blogs would probably be the most useful tool here. Not that I read that many blogs - maybe i should start..... RSS feeds are pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the procrastination tools. I have a brain tuner gadget on my page which I find myself trying to lower the score on. One game is never enough!

    ReplyDelete